Accommodation in Colombia
Tourist accommodation in Colombia comes in all the usual varieties. From budget to luxury hotels, serviced tourist apartments, shared apartments with like minded travelers, hostels, bed & breakfasts and even homestays are an option.
Whatever your budget, whatever the length of stay, there is something to suit.
Whether you’re looking for tourist accommodation in Colombia or something more permanent with a local family there are a number of websites that you can use to find quality accommodation in Colombia. The following is a list of the websites we recommend:
- Medellin Room Rentals – the specialists in student accommodation in Medellin, Colombia
- HotelsCombined – probably one of the best hotel & hostel comparison & booking sites for Colombia.
- Airbnb – the largest collection of rental apartments and rooms online and your best best for finding quality accommodation
- CouchSurfing – A site for travelers looking for free accommodation
- Comparto Apto – an apartment sublet website, used by the locals, usually lower end Colombian quality accommodation. Expect hard mattresses and not so hot showers.
Average pricing for accommodation in Colombia:
- Hostel dorm – from 25,000 Colombian pesos / night
- Airbnb – average 50,000 pesos / night
- Homestay Family – average 85,000 pesos / night
- Hostel private room – 60-80,000 pesos / night
- Tourist rental apartment – from 150,000 pesos / night
Click HERE to check current exchange rate calculations.