Colombian Visa Requirements

For most people (eg. from USA, UK, Europe, Australia etc) upon arrival into Colombia you are given a 90 day Temporary Tourist Permit (PIP-5) stamped into your passport. With this permit you can study at any independent Spanish Language school such as Toucan Spanish. Whilst many people refer to this as a Colombian Tourist Visa its actually more correct to call it a "Tourist Permit".

You then have the option to extend this permit for another 90 days to a maximum of 180 days. To extend your Colombian Tourist permit you simply need to complete an online extension and visit Migration Colombia.

Who Needs a Visa?

  1. If you are from one of the countries on the exclusion list you're out of luck and will need to apply for a Tourist Visa or Student Visa to enter Colombia.
  2. If you're planning at studying at a university you will also need a visa.

To apply for a visa you will need to contact the Colombian consulate or embassy in your country.

For more information about Colombian student visas, tourist permit extensions etc check the links.